July 2003 - Announcements Page
- A number of new Tinkering effects are now available. See the July Letter to the Players for the details of these new effects:
- Resistance Rending for weapons.
- Armor and cantrip imbues for jewelry.
- Ability to alter requirements on equipment or prevent an item from being sold or salvaged.
- Covenant Armor can now be tinked with all types of armor salvage except Steel.
- Sturdy Steel Chests introduced.
User Interface Updates
- Improved ID features:
- You now see the exact numerical value of armor protection in addition to the descriptive phrases.
- Special Properties are now displayed on items.
- New @day command can be used to permanently set the lighting from night to day and vice versa.
- Let there be light!
- Normality has been restored.
- Town Founder - New salvage hats introduced.
- Candeth Keep Construction NPCs
- Aun Utauri
- Lugian Guard
- Terka Laona
- Asheron's Island South - From Nanto, 52.6S, 81.9E, levels 1+
- Asheron's Island North - From Khayyaban, 47.4S, 24.9E, levels 40+
- Asheron's Island East - From Uziz, 25.0S 28.1E, levels 60+
- Asheron's Island West - From Baishi, 49.7S, 62.2E, levels 80+
- Asheron's Sanctum - 21.2N 69.1E in Asheron's Castle
- Candeth Keep (early stages of construction)
- Deru Tree of Candeth Keep
- Matron Hive South - From Asheron's Island at 15.9N, 73.7E, Levels 20-40
- Matron Hive North - From Asheron's Island at 23.4N,69.4E, Levels 40-60
- Matron Hive West - From Asheron's Island at 19.3N, 72.6E, Levels 60-80
- Matron Hive East - From Asheron's Island at 18.4N, 69.3E, Levels 80+
- Renegade Encampment - 1.4N, 73.5W near Fort Teth
- Subterannean Farm - Found in Martine's Retreat
- Empyrean Cloister - Upper level cap removed (was 15-30)
- Tiny Hive - Upper level cap removed (was 30-50 now 30+), Creatures updated
- Small Hive - Upper level cap removed (was 40-60 now 40+), Creatures updated
- Simple Hive - Upper level cap removed (was 50-70 now 50+), Creatures updated
- Shallow Hive - Upper level cap removed (was 60-80 now 60+), Creatures updated
- New Hive - Upper level cap removed (was 70-90 now 70+, Creatures updated
- - Can no longer be picked up.
- - Loot profile updated
- - Loot profile updated
- - Loot profile updated
- - Damage modifier increased from +130% to +150%
- - Damage modifier increased from +110% to +130%
- - Damage modifier increased from +110% to +120%
- - Renamed from "New Town Stamp".
- - Now give lucky numbers as well as words of wisdom.
- You give Jojii Shrine Pyreal.
- Run with dragons while you are young.
- Your Lucky Numbers are
- Small Water Golem
- Small Sand Golem
- Small Mud Golem
- Small Coral Golem
- Small Granite Golem
- Small Wood Golem
- Small Iron Golem
- Small Sandstone Golem
- Small Obsidian Golem
- Small Magma Golem
- Extas Raider
- General Garsh
- Gigas Raider
- Gotrok Extas
- Renegade Commander Walanawa
- Renegade Commander Kianar
- Olthoi Brood Matron (East)
- Olthoi Brood Matron (North)
- Olthoi Brood Matron (South)
- Olthoi Brood Matron (West)
- Olthoi Swarm Drone
- Olthoi Swarm Gardener
- Olthoi Swarm Harvester
- Olthoi Swarm Legionary
- Olthoi Swarm Nymph
- Olthoi Swarm Worker
- Armored Skeleton - Updated with new helmet.
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "I am so excited about Candeth Keep. I'm trying to get transfered to it. Those bordertowns see all the action."
- Town Crier tells you, "I was looking through my satchels a few days ago and found my Isparian Wand had burned a whole through the burlap and fallen on the ground! It's never done that before!"^
- Town Crier tells you, "I've felt the ground shuddering at night, haven't you? Something is happening, I know it."
- Town Crier tells you, "It appears as though Hibdin Velos has taken the position once held by Martine.I've heard tell that he moved into the throne room and everything."
- Town Crier tells you, "I spent all month gathering minerals for Kreavon in Wei jhou. I stopped by the outpost this morning before coming here and he rewarded me with an odd hat."
- Town Crier tells you, "Martine's Retreat could have been such a nice place to live, and now look at it. They have barely enough food to survive."
- Town Crier tells you, "My brother has a friend who knows this guy who knows the architect that's working on Candeth Keep. He says the poor guy is really frustrated. Seems that there are too many people trying to make decisions about the town."
- Town Crier tells you, "Someone scouting the Renegade encampment at Teth said it sounded like a raid by them could happen any time. You should go see. Then come back and let me know. I can charge people for the information! Ha ha."
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard that Ulgrim offended the volcano spirits somehow and the volcano near his house began spitting out small golems everywhere."
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you hear? Ulgrim's Island is a spawning ground for Golems. They go there to mate. Huh, wonder how that works."
- Town Crier tells you, "Do you think that there is trouble ahead? We haven't heard from Asheron recently, Nuhmudira is up to her old ways...what you don't think it was her that killed Jaleh? I think she did, correct me if I am wrong but didn't she threaten him once. Not to mention the crunching noises in the night."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear that Ulgrim angered Asheron and in retaliation Asheron summoned a hundred golems to attack him."
- Town Crier tells you, "Be careful if you go to Candeth Keep. My cousin got hit on the head with a wooden beam that a Lugian was moving. My cousin's kind of a clumsy guy."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear Ulgrim built his house next to an active Volcano. I'm suprised he didn't build his house on top of it!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Oh, you heard about some advancements in Tinkering too?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard that Ulgrim was creating a small golem army to do his bidding, but they rebelled and escaped to a nearby island."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
No new messages this month.