|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Aerbax's Prodigal Olthoi|
|Starts With:||Optional: Ethan Wintermaine|
|Starts At:||43.8N, 54.9E near Paradox-touched Valley|
|Route:||Arwic to Far Claw Villas portal at 32.9N, 59.4E, or use Paradox-touched Olthoi Infested Area Recall|
- Everyone who participates in this quest must have a . Glands are only found on level 160+ Paradox Olthoi. The best place to hunt for glands is in Olthoi North.
- There are several convenience ties that you can get ahead of time to speed things up|
Walkthrough & Notes
Part 1: Paradox-touched Olthoi Ward Guardian
- From Paradox-touched Valley, enter the Ward Guardian Cave, the western most burrow at the back of the valley.
- Stick right until you come to a 4-way intersection, go SE.
- When you come to a large room, stick right until you leave the large room then go straight NE.
- Pass by the first intersection and the dungeon becomes linear from here until you reach a large room containing the Paradox-touched Olthoi Ward Guardian.
- Kill the Paradox-touched Olthoi Ward Guardian to open access to Aerbax's Prodigal Olthoi quest.
- Warning: Once the Ward Guardian is dead, you have a 6 hour window to run the quest.
Part 2: Deeper Catacombs
- From the drop of the Black Death Catacombs, head down the ramp, and head to the south side of the room, where you'll find an opening in the wall that leads to the Deeper Catacombs (Paradox) portal.
- Optional: Loot from one of the Tanada corpses scattered near the portal as part of the Tanada House of Water's Directives quest.
- Work your way through the dungeon until you reach the Egg Room. Loot an , from the ground.
- Hand your Coruscating Olthoi Scent Gland to the olthoi-style door and you'll be portaled to the Sealed Olthoi Passage.
- Warning: From here you have 2 hours of access to the Sealed Olthoi Passage. Should you die before reaching the Queen, olthoi-style door and you'll be portaled inside again.
Part 3: Sealed Olthoi Passage
- From the drop, go left at the first intersection then stick right until you come to a square room, take the NE passage.
- You'll eventually come to a large room. Go east then south in the room, and take the passage down.
- Stick to the right wall and you'll come to a jagged bridge over a pool of acid. Follow the bridge to the other side of the room.
- Note: If anyone falls into the acid, there is a tunnel back up on the west side.
- At the wishbone intersection go right, and then follow the hallway straight, ignoring all other cut-backs.
- When you come to a dead-end pit, turn around, hold shift and jump down backwards into the pit to be portaled into the Paradox-touched Olthoi Queen's lair. If you jump into the middle of the pit you will drop into the acid and not on the ledge. This will bring the queen before your party gets setup and if she gets up on the ledge she will kill everyone.
- Warning: When you portal in, do not move forward. This is a good place to rebuff and/or give final instructions.
Part 4: Paradox-touched Olthoi Queen
- You'll portal in on a ledge, overlooking the queen. There are a couple of strategies to killing the queen, however if you have a small/moderate size group, the best way is to setup on the mushroom on the far wall.
- One person with high melee should lead the way for everyone to jump up onto the mushroom that is against the center of the far back wall
- From here, you're safe from melee attacks as long as you stay against the wall.
- Fully debuff the queen (including her UA & Strength), then attack.
- Once the queen dies, loot a from her corpse.
In Case of Death
- If anyone should die while fighting the queen, you can quickly get back by heading to the burrow east of Olthoi North at 44.5N 57.3E.
- Someone inside the Queen's Lair must use open the door to the burrow by using the Olthoi Cistern Lever, located in the corner of the Queen's Lair.
- Once the door opens, use the portal just inside to be portaled back to the Queens Lair.
- Note: Access via this entrance is restricted to players who have entered the Queen's Lair within the past 2 hours.
Part 5: Rewards
- Return to the valley Tent at 43.8N 54.9E and hand the Carapace Shard to Ethan Wintermaine to receive a and a .
- Note: If you don't want a weapon, wand or shield, the token can be returned to Ethan Wintermaine for XP.
- If you looted a Paradox-touched Olthoi Egg, it can be given to Adrien Swiftblade in the tent for experience.
- If you have the Queen's Head, hand it to Ethan Wintermaine for the title of Paradox-touched Queenslayer.
- To obtain your weapon or shield, bring the token to one of the NPCs located in the northermost burrow inside the valley (Paradox Olthoi Refuge, 43.5N 55.2E).
- Note: Each NPC is holding the reward they give in exchange for the Paradox-touched Olthoi Weapon Token.
- Crusher - Axe (Light Weapon)
- Deena - Katar (Light Weapon)
- Miko - Spear (Finesse Weapon)
- Thrasher - Mace (Finesse Weapon)
- Sasha - Sword (Heavy Weapon)
- Lash - Dagger (Heavy Weapon)
- Mac - Staff (Heavy Weapon)
- Slasha - Great Sword
- Tikka - Shield
- Long-Shot - Bow
- Dead-Eye - Crossbow
- Swift-Eye - Atlatl
- Peda - Wand (War)
- Peda's Assistant - Wand (Life)
- Note: Each NPC is holding the reward they give in exchange for the Paradox-touched Olthoi Weapon Token.
Dungeons & Maps
|Ward Guardian Cave||43.1N, 55.1E||--||C4B4|
|Deeper Catacombs (Paradox)||59.9N, 71.2E||--||0088|
|Sealed Olthoi Passage||59.9N, 71.2E||--||C7B7|
|Paradox-touched Olthoi Queen 's Lair||59.9N, 71.2E||--||--|
|Empty Paradox Olthoi Cave||43.4N, 55.4E||--||--|
|Hand the queen's head to Ethan Wintermaine (One per group)|
|Give carapace to Ethan Wintermaine|
|Experience:||69,355,033 (7% up to level 200)|
|Give unwanted weapon token to Ethan Wintermaine|
|Experience:||49,539,309 (5% up to level 200)|
|Give Paradox-touched Olthoi Egg to Adrien Swiftblade.|
|Experience:||27,530,674 (40% up to level 100)|
|Quest Repeat:||13,765,337 (20% up to level 100)|
- Opening Dialog
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "Greetings citizen."
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "If you're of a mind to help quell this invasion, I have a mission for you. We've found that, with the increase in the infestation of this area, that the stronger Paradox-touched Olthoi have some capacity to pass beyond the Sealed Olthoi Passage that those aiding the Guard Swiftblade have found."
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "Those who have hunted them have been able to use these stronger Olthoi to gain passage beyond the door themselves."
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "Beyond that passage lies my mission for you. It's a simple one, in concept anyways."
- Ethan Wintermaine smiles.
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "Before we get to that, you'll need to bypass the Wards on the Deeper Catacombs Portal. Guard Swiftblade, in the tent behind me, has more information in bypassing the Wards. Speak to him if you need more information on that process."
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "Go beyond the passage, find the Paradox-touched Olthoi Queen, and kill her. Bring me back proof of her death, and I'll reward you for your part in it. Be warned, however. She's not a creature to be taken lightly, or hunted alone."
- Adrien Swiftblade
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "Greetings. If you're of a mind to help in this odd situation, I could certainly use your help."
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "Along with the rise of these strange new Olthoi, there is a Portal, warded by powerful magics, which formed in the Black Death Catacombs. You may've seen it already, or you may not have."
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "Anyways, I've found a way to get the wards to drop for a time. There is a Ward Guardian in a cave located in a heavily infested area nearby, around 43.6N, 55.5E. When that thing dies, the wards falter for a time."
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "Be warned, however, the Ward Guardian has grown dramatically in strength since it first appeared. It is now as strong or stronger than those twisted bugs that wander the inner areas of the infestation, and should not be taken lightly."
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "Once the Ward Guardian is dead, so you should be able to enter the Deeper Catacombs of the Paradox-touched Olthoi. Once in there, look for anything that may be of use to use in our research and bring it back to me."
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "If, for some reason, the Portal is closed again when you get there, you should find the Ward Guardian in his cave and kill him again."
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "I would hurry though, every time the Ward Guardian dies, it's either reborn, recreated, or whatever roughly six hours after its death, and the Wards return with it."
- Defeating the Paradox-touched Olthoi Queen
- As (Player) strikes the final blow against the Paradox-touched Olthoi Queen, a piercing howl fills your mind. Amidst the horrifying noise in your skull, you hear the following words, "You may have stopped me for a time, but you will never be rid of me. I am no simple insect that can be driven off or so simply destroyed. My Master will rid the world of you pathetic meatbags, and we will usher a new age into this reality."
- Handing in Carapace Shard to Ethan Wintermaine
- You give Ethan Wintermaine Carapace Shard.
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "Ahh, you've killed her again. Very good."
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "Please, allow me to reward you for your victory."
- You've earned 69,355,033 experience.
- Ethan Wintermaine gives you Paradox-touched Olthoi Weapon Token.
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "Bring the token to one of the Olthoi Weaponcrafters in the valley below, and they'll exchange it for a weapon you may find very useful."
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "If you're not interested in the weapon, I can take the token back and reward you with something else appropriate."
- Ethan Wintermaine gives you Braced Mana Forge Key.
- Handing in Paradox-touched Olthoi Weapon Token to Ethan Wintermaine
- You give Ethan Wintermaine Paradox-touched Olthoi Weapon Token.
- Ethan Wintermaine tells you, "No need for a weapon, I see. Very well, accept this instead."
- You've earned 49,539,309 experience.
- Handing in Paradox-touched Olthoi Egg to Adrien Swiftblade
- You give Adrien Swiftblade Paradox-touched Olthoi Egg.
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "What's this?"
- Adrien Swiftblade looks over the Paradox-touched Olthoi Egg.
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "Where did you find this?"
- You explain to Adrien Swiftblade where you came across the egg, and how you came to bring it to him.
- Adrien Swiftblade tells you, "Wonderful! I see word is indeed spreading, if kind-hearted people such as yourself are aiding in this without me having to ask them to do so myself. Dereth is indeed full of wonders. Please, allow me to reward you for your generous act."
- You've earned 27,530,674 experience.