Original Link (now dead) - http://www.zone.com/asheronscall/news/ashenewsAIAS.asp
The other "Computer Adventure/Role Playing Game of the Year" nominees AC was competing against were:
- Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
- Planescape: Torment
- Ultima IX: Ascension
Some other winners at the 3rd Annual Interactive Achievement Awards:
- Action Game - Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Simulation Game - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Professional
- Sports Game - FIFA 2000
- Strategy Game - Age of Empires II: Age of Kings
- Computer Game of the Year - Age of Empires II: Age of Kings
Asheron's Call was also a nominee in the Online Game category, which was won by Everquest.
At the 4th Annual Awards Asheron's Call was nominated in the newly minted category Massive Multiplayer/Persistent World against Allegiance, Ultima Online: Renaissance, and the winner Everquest: Ruins of Kunark.
At the 5th Annual Awards Asheron's Call: Dark Majesty was nominated for the Massive Multiplayer/Persistent World category against Phantasy Star Online and the winner, Dark Age of Camelot.
At the 6th Annual Awards Asheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings was nominated in the Massive Multiplayer/Persistent World category against Anarchy Online: The Notum Wars, Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles, Disney's Toontown Online, and the winner The Sims Online.