May 2003 - Announcements Page
New UI and Game Changes
- Fishing introduced.
- Trade notes can now be stacked.
- Players can now choose to enable an optional charge modifier. This will move to a target regardless of their distance to the creature, though they will no longer gain the benefit of an increased sprint speed.
- PK players who were recently engaged in a PK fight will now lose a greater amount of greater amount of stamina when jumping.
- You can now craft Bloodletter, Fleshripper, and Soulrender atlatl darts. The ammunition has also been tweaked to be slightly better than it used to be.
- Branith's Stolen Possessions
- Mite Maze updated with tougher Mites and a new Mite boss.
- New quest rewards added.
- Gaerlan's Citadel
- XP reward for handing in the Iasparailaun increased.
- Rewards updated for all three stakes.
- Hea Totem Quest
- New NPCs in Timaru added to make the quest easier to complete.
- Quest is now repeatable.
- Weapons and spells updated.
- Aun Kiriona
- Aun Ngationa
- Aun Rukuona
- Aun Turiona
- Arikas, Warden of Knorr
- Diamond Guardian
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student
- Mage Syltyn Rillon
- Tackle Master
- Weaponsmith Omaro Nagate
- Fishing Holes
- Knorr Lyceum
- Virindi Complex
- Blue Ghost Falls - updated with Fishing Holes
- Cragstone Falls - updated with Fishing Holes
- Mite Maze - Updated with tougher Mites.
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin in Stonehold told me that a Lugian has rented out some space in the farmers barn."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you seen the crescent moons? I have."
- Town Crier tells you, "It doesn't look like Dragando the Leech is going to forgive his daughter after all. He won't even talk about her. And that barkeep Mae Lilidag is making a profit selling rumors about them! Pah! They're already the talk of Arwic, poor things."
- Town Crier tells you, "I love the spring on Dereth, the return of the birds, warm sunshine, days filled with laughter, the pollen and honeybees and have you noticed that there always seems like there is more to do."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Department of Fish and Game, the fellows who brought us the chess boards, are working to kick start our fishing industry. Just talk to the Tackle Masters who are stationed near the new fishing holes for help."
- Town Crier tells you, "You can find them in the Nexus Towns of Holtburg, Yaraq and Shoushi. I have also heard of some other scenic fishing holes as well. Ahem..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Are you worthy? If so, there is a sword in Glenden Wood for you to take. Myself and several friends tried. We were not worthy. No, we were not worthy."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors that Asheron was seen in Eastham recently just before returning to his island."
- Town Crier tells you, "The shopkeepers here keep complaining about the lost revenues from trade notes, but I don't see them going hungry. Elysa was right to make them cooperate -- we're all human, after all, and we have to work together to build Dereth!"
- Town Crier tells you, "You know the sword on that ice dias in Glenden Wood? It is there for the taking! But first you must prove yourself worthy."
- Town Crier tells you, "A friend of mine got the Sword of Frozen Fury from Glenden Wood and then had it made into a dagger."
- Town Crier tells you, "Why yes, now I remember. There are also some fishing holes in Nanto, Rithwic and Cragstone. I've fished near the waterfalls in Nanto and found it quite relaxing."
- Town Crier tells you, "'Riddles? Not more riddles.' That's what I keep hearing people say as they walk on by."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Lugian in Stonehold seems to be both profit minded and tied with Nuhmudira. If you find yourself in the area talking to him might not be that bad of an idea. He might help you along with something of interest."
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm not saying that I know for a fact mind you. But if I were a smart mage going to talk with Olcris I'd be bringing my Heiromancer's Armor along for any journey I might take."
- Town Crier tells you, "Secret Orders? I don't have any and I don't know of any, if I did they wouldn't be so secret now would they? But since you did provide me with some coin I'll tell you something."
- The town crier looks around nervously.
- Town Crier tells you, "Olcris knows."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
No new messages this month.