|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ Images ___ Lore & Dialog ___|
Quest Overview Edit
There are several ways to do this quest, however, the fastest way is to collect all 3 trophies before talking to any NPCs.
Walk Through Edit
- [Optional] - Head to 74.7S, 9.9E west of Qalaba'r and use the Floating Bottle to receive the rumor A Soggy Note.
- From Aerlinthe Isle, run to Shimena Keep and kill Ancient Diamond Golems until you find a Ancient Diamond Idol.
- From Redspire, head to the Northern Ahurenga Plains Portal at 40.9N, 83.5W and kill Great Elariwood Golems until you find a Great Elariwood Idol.
- Head to the Ithaenc Island and kill Blood Fiends until you find a Warding Ring.
- Tip: Blood Fiends are easily found to the west of the Ithaenc Cathedral.
- [Optional] - Run to the Lighthouse Hermit at 25.8S, 46.9W and hand him your Ancient Diamond Idol and Warding Ring.
- From Aphus Lassel, run to Kleeoh at 2.5S 86.5E and hand her your Warding Ring. She will return your ring and give you a Vial of Black Blood.
- Kill Infected Assailers nearby until you find some Infected Assailer Fur.
- Tip: Can be found around 0.9S 85,5E
- Return to Kleeoh at 2.5S 86.5E and give her the Infected Assailer Fur (she will return it to you).
- Head to Neydisa Castle and use the Infected Assailer Fur on the Loom inside the castle to create some Woven Tusker Fur.
- Combine the Woven Tusker Fur with the Vial of Black Blood to create a Blood-soaked Cord.
- Combine the Ancient Diamond Idol with the Blood-soaked Cord to create an Incomplete Fetish of the Dark Idols.
- Combine the Great Elariwood Idol with the Incomplete Fetish of the Dark Idols to create an Unfinished Fetish of the Dark Idols.
- Return to the Lighthouse Hermit at 25.8S, 46.9W and hand him your Unfinished Fetish of the Dark Idols. He will hand you back a completed Fetish of the Dark Idols.
- Apply the Fetish of the Dark Idols to any missile weapon (Bow, Crossbow, or Atlatl) to give it the Magic Absorbing property.
|Shimena Keep||91.6N, 49.6E||--||--||--||--|
|Floating Bottle||A Soggy Note||Ancient Diamond Idol||Great Elariwood Idol|
|Warding Ring||Infected Assailer Fur||Woven Tusker Fur||Vial of Black Blood|
|Blood-soaked Cord||Incomplete Fetish of the Dark Idols||Unfinished Fetish of the Dark Idols|
|Fetish of the Dark Idols|
Lore & Dialogue Edit
You allow Lighthouse Hermit to examine your Ancient Diamond Idol.
The hermit's eyes grow wide as he looks at the diamond relic.
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "So you found the golems then? I trust they did not give you too much trouble -- I see a stout and strong dead-eye when I look into your eyes!"
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "Do not lose this priceless artifact. You will need to harness the magical, protective power found within it -- eventually."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "Ah, but you have so much to do yet. Let us not delay any longer! You must venture to the Itheanc Cathedral, in the Veseyan Islands. The horrible fleshless dead, the blood fiends, have a most precious treasure in their possession -- a bright, silvery ring."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "You must find this ring, for it contains a most vital magical element."
You allow Lighthouse Hermit to examine your Warding Ring.
The hermit rolls the ring back and forth in his hand slowly, thinking deeply about the past.
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "A warding ring..."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "Long ago I took a ring identical to this one from the charred and burning hand of a fiend. That time seems unreal to me now, beyond my grasp in memory."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "I do remember some of the important details, though. This ring conceals a small glass vial containing blood. You will need this foul fluid."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "There is no way for either of us to remove the vial from the ring, I'm afraid. But there is one who can -- one who knows of the darker magics."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "You must locate the seer that calls the wild jungles of Aphus Lassel her home, and show this ring to her."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "She will know what to do, and she will help you."
You allow Kleeoh to examine your Infected Assailer Fur.
Kleeoh twists a small lock of fur out of the reeking, moist clump, and tucks it away. She hands the rest back to you.
Kleeoh tells you, "You got a lot dere. I only take what I need, and no more."
Kleeoh tells you, "I hope you and dat old hermit know what you doing! Evil maka like this needs a strong bond, and dis big wooly fur is a good start - but I do not know how you will create such a thing."
You allow Lighthouse Hermit to examine your Infected Assailer Fur.
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "Oh, what an awful smell! I remember this stench more than ever! I hope the experience did not make you too ill."
The old hermit thinks hard for a few moments.
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "I remember...I took the fur somewhere, and it was fashioned into a sturdy piece of rope, or cord if you will."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "I am sorry, but I cannot recall how this was accomplished. You will have to figure out a way to bind or weave this fur."
You give Loom Infected Assailer Fur.
You feed the infected assailer fur into the loom, hoping it does not break the machine.
The loom produces a thick, braided cord of tusker fur.
Loom gives you Woven Assailer Fur.
You pour the black blood all over the woven tusker fur.
You bind one end of the cord to the diamond idol.
You bind the other end of the cord to the elariwood idol.
You give Lighthouse Hermit Unfinished Fetish of the Dark Idols.
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "You are truly a hunter worthy of this powerful magic fetish. I have no doubt that you are excited to head out and t--"
The hermit stutters, then begins to laugh loudly.
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "Aha! It's a good thing you showed this to me. You did not properly secure the idols to the cord!"
The hermit rebinds the cord to both idols, using a method of tying you have never seen before.
Lighthouse Hermit gives you Fetish of the Dark Idols.
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "There you are. It took some effort, but I have fixed it for you."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "You have done well. I am very content in the knowledge that the secret will not die with me now."
Lighthouse Hermit tells you, "One final request: Tell no one of what you have learned from me!"