March 2010 - Announcements Page
Patch Size: 1,812k (Client: 4,508k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems preparations are already beginning for the wedding ceremony, I'm so excited."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Arcanum has a new apprentice, Cara. Maybe I can apply next time they're hiring..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard reports of additional activity in the areas presently held by the Gear Knights."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that the Direlands Gear Knight Invasion has started to spread."
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems the workers near Yanshi need help getting the wedding together."
- Town Crier tells you, "The invading Gear Knights have expanded their works, and seem to be stockpiling Aetherium. Adventurers are being sought to go to the resistance camps, in order to be sent on missions to destroy these stockpiles."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Gold Gear Primus in Xarabydun is seeking adventurers for a series of tasks."
- Town Crier tells you, "My friend Zalphoos tells me that business is booming. Apparently his small shop gets far more passers by these days."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "A wedding, I love weddings. You're surprised that I love weddings? Clearly you haven't heard of an open bar."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I hear those tin cans are now scouting all over the Direlands. Bah, almost as bad as those Virindi that've been playing them like a bad fiddle."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'd been working on this special brew when some bad mannered adventurer burst into my cottage causing the brew to spill. As it seeped into the ground it felt like something changed. Now I'm certain Dereth enjoys ale as much as I do."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm a little offended that with all the help they're asking for with this wedding, that no one thought to ask me to provide the ale. My home brew is the best around, but I guess there will just be more for me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Hmmmm... The Gear Knights seem to be stockpiling that strange purple rock they're so fascinated with. I wonder if it could be used to make a new Stout. I can't imagine what value it would have outside of that..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I heard that they were working on the Yanshi festival grounds. In an attempt to lighten it up some I tried to fill the nearby fountain with ale. That's when I discovered I didn't have enough ale for both me and the fountain, and even worse all those toe picking drudges nearby might drink it! So, I drank the ale and soaked up some mana from around the fountain for my recall home."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'll never forget how you helped me out with that whole broken wand problem. I really owe you one."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So... here."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant gives you Stout.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You deserve that... Fred. Fredrina? Bah, whatever."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I heard Claude muttering smugly about how the Virindi are masters of time and space. Great bunch of hogwash, that is. I'm the master of time and space."
- Bright Aetherium Ore Stockpile Destruction
- Atamarr Tasks
- Dull Aetherium Ore Stockpile Destruction
- Menhir Mana Fields
- Wedding Preparations
- Turgos the Hunter
- April 1st: Mad Cows appeared in all the towns
- Fuzzy Bunny Slayer Quest and Tanada House of Pancakes Quest - In game until April 15th (see this thread on the Turbine boards
- Cara the Apprentice - Xarabydun (41.7S, 15.8E, 2nd floor)
- Gazebo Craftsman - Yanshi (12.9S, 41.7E)
- Stone Craftsman - Yanshi (12.9S, 41.7E)
- Tree Craftsman - Yanshi (12.9S, 41.7E)
- Florist - Yanshi (12.9S, 41.7E)
- Copper Cog Craftsman - 10.4S, 75.2W inside the Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon
- Bronze Gauntlet Knight-Commander - 10.4S, 75.2W inside the Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon
- Silver Scope Spymaster - 10.4S, 75.2W inside the Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon
- Sir Oakley - Inner Sea Gear Knight Resistance Camp
- Sir Durnstad - Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp
- Kaytin - who has taken over the quest tasks given by Atamarr for Gear Knight Construction quest last patch
- Merkitz ibn'Akadh - Summons a portal to the Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp for a MMD-Note
- Master Craftsman Takahume tells you, "Greetings!"
- Master Craftsman Takahume tells you, "I am Master Craftsman Takahume, and I had been tasked with the reconstruction of the large and impressive Gear Knight Primus standing beside me. Now that he is complete, and once again functional, we are collecting further pieces, to be sure that he keeps operating at peak efficiency."
- Master Craftsman Takahume tells you, "To this end, I am rewarding adventurers for the collection of Aetherium Power Cores, Aetherium Ore, and Gears from the invading Gear Knights found in either the Direlands, or along the coast of the eastern shore of the Inner Sea."
- Master Craftsman Takahume tells you, "If you wish to assist us, just bring me whatever Aetherium Cores, pieces of Aetherium Ore, or Gear Knight Gears you find, and we will reward you when you've contributed different set amounts of parts."
- Atamarr tells you, "I have a task in which you may be able to aid me. I have managed to subvert a small number of Gear Knights in the Iron Blade's invasion, and they have identified a Gear Knight in a position of influence within the forces whose loss would slow the expansion of the Iron Blade"
- Atamarr tells you, "There is an Iron Blade Warmaster who has recently arrived from our home realm. My spies tell me that he is a gifted tactician, and if his skills were given time to be exercised, it could spell trouble for us."
- Atamarr tells you, "You will find the Warmaster deep within the excavations that the Iron Blade have made in the heart of the area they control in the Direlands."
- Atamarr tells you, "I would expect he will not be easy to kill, so take care in this mission. I have also been told that he stays on the move, speaking with the troops and formulating plans, so he may be difficult to find. Search in the deepest areas of the excavation, and I am sure you'll find him soon enough. Once he is dead, return to me."
- 12.9S, 41.6E - Wedding Chapel - west of drop near Yanshi
- 7.2S, 75.0W - Gear Hunter Dungeon
- 36.0S, 7.2E - Gear Knight Excavation
- 10.4S, 75.2W - Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon - Now holds different NPCs associated with the Atamarr Tasks quest, and used as part of the Bright Aetherium Ore Stockpile Destruction quest.
Aetherium Ore Stockpile Destruction
|Bright Aetherium Ore Fragment||Dull Aetherium Ore Fragment|
|Apostate Overseer's Mask||Empty Skin||Silver Scope Spymaster Apostate Message Shard|
Hero Token Items
|"Commoner's Two Handed Sword" Summoning Gem||Commoner's Greatblade|
Menhir Mana Fields
|Enchanted Mana Stone||Coalesced Mana||Coalesced Mana Yellow|
|Gazebo||Rock (Wedding Preparations)||Tree||Shaped Tree|
|Stone Bench||Orange Tulip||Purple Tulip||Red Tulip|
|Yellow Tulip||White Tulip||Garden Box|
- Colosseum Vault - Loot updated to the equivalent of 3-4 MFK pulls.
- Crate of Greater Deadly Blunt Arrowheads - Colosseum Coin Collector now sells a crate of 10 heads instead of 1 head for 1 coin.
- Gear Knight Defender - Help Bronze Gauntlet Knight-Commander
- Gear Knight Recruiter - Help Copper Cog Craftsman
- Gear Knight Assassin - Kill the Iron Blade Warmaster and report back to Atamarr
- Gear Knight Emissary - Hand Apostate Message Shard to Silver Scope Spymaster and then talk to Atamarr.
- Assistant's Assistant - Hand the Enchanted Mana Stone to Cara the Apprentice after 5 Mana Fields
- Mana Field Finder - Hand the Enchanted Mana Stone to Cara the Apprentice after 10 Mana Fields
- Arcanum Adventurer - Hand the Enchanted Mana Stone to Cara the Apprentice after 15 Mana Fields
- Menhir Seeker - Hand the Enchanted Mana Stone to Cara the Apprentice after 20 Mana Fields
Click image for full size.
- The Rocks that are required for the Wedding Preparations quest have been mistakenly named as "Tree".
- The Shaped Trees in the Wedding Preparation Area are labeled "Stone Bench".