"Long ago, this place was called Foster's Fort, an abandoned Empyrean structure found by a man named Foster in the years of the Olthoi enslavement. Foster, then a new arrival, had been fleeing the Olthoi for days when he glimpsed these spires in the distance. Initially elated, his joy turned to deep disappointment when he found the walls undefended and no one within. He spent years hiding here in the towers until the liberation came, and thereafter vowed to never return to such a forsaken place.
Much later, a small Aluvian faction left the safety of Cragstone to come north (some say they were kicked out of the town). They sought shelter within the walls of Bandit Castle, where MacDugal and his band had lived for some time, but some disagreement split their ranks, and a number of them trekked down the road and wound up at Foster's Fort. A woman called simply Neydisa led their ranks. She saw a grand palace in what looked otherwise like a ruined husk." --Town Network Sign
- Far in the northern Esper Mountain Range, Neydisa Castle stands as an outpost of civilization. It's remote location and easy access make it a perfect staging area for ventures into the north.
- For the history and background of Neydisa Castle, see History of Neydisa Castle.
- During the holiday season there is a Gift Box on the third floor of the building at 69.7N, 17.6E.
To Neydisa Castle
|Town Network||Annex (South)||--||69.5N, 17.9E||None|
From Neydisa Castle
|Neydisa Castle||69.6N, 17.6E||Town Network||N/A||None|
|Mattekar Cave||65.4N, 16.7E||Bandit Castle||65.0N, 49.3E||None|
|Portal to Bur||67.4N, 30.5E||Bur||N/A||Quest Flag|
- It should be noted that one of the easier ways to get to Mount Esper is to run west from Neydisa to the north face of the mountain, where you can climb to the rim of the crater.
Points of Interest
- 65.1N, 11.0E - Crater Rim Passage
- 69.2N, 15.3E - Neydisa Castle Standing Stone
- 69.9N, 16.6E - Menhir Ring
- 66.2N, 24.8E - Olthoi Pass
- 73.1N, 8.6E - Ice Golem Shrine
- 75.5N 10.6E - Vendor House
- 76.5N, 9.8E - Lake Pillar
- 69.6N 17.6E - Inside Courtyard, NE corner
|Crater Lair||70.7N, 12.8E||--||018C|
|Empyrean Workshop||66.9N, 15.9E||--||006E||Shadowfire Stone Quest|
|Jahannan Vault||67.0N, 15.0E||--||011B||Major Atlan Stones|
|Mage Academy||74.7N, 18.5E||--||0139||The Mage Academy|
|Mattekar Cave||65.4N, 16.7E||--||0169||Composite Bow|
|Virindi Complex||73.8N, 25.0E||--||5B42||Frozen Fury|
|Archmage Philomon||Town - 69.6N 17.6E, Inside Wall-Hallway, SE Corner||Shopkeeper||Spell Components, Magic Items, Mana Stones etc.|
|Brother Jarviso||Town - 69.6N 17.6E, NW Tower, 2nd floor||Shopkeeper||Books, Paper, Healing Kits, Potions|
|Gormling the Sneaky Seneschal||Town - 69.6N 17.6E - inside entrance hall||Quest||Feud of Neydisa and Bandit Castle|
|Ivory Crafter||69.9N, 16.6E - Menhir Ring - Inside the Tower, walk through the blue light in the middle of the nearby Menhir Ring to open the door to the tower.||Crafter||--|
|Journeyman Cook (Neydisa Castle)||Town - 69.6N 17.6E - Courtyard, SE corner||Quest||Crafter Quest|
|Lady Tallial||Town - 69.6N 17.6E - Main hall, 2nd floor||Quest||Feud of Neydisa and Bandit Castle|
|Lisatha the Bowyer||Town - 69.6N 17.6E, W wall, 1st floor||Shopkeeper||Fletching Supplies, Missile Weapons|
|Nelvaine the Brewer||Town - 69.6N 17.6E, outside main hall||Shopkeeper||Rumors, Beers, Beer Stein|
|Viamasa the Weaponsmith||Town - 69.6N 17.6E, entrance hall, second floor||Shopkeeper||Keys, Tools, Weapons|
|Yi Yo-Jin||Town - 69.6N 17.6E - entrance hall, 2nd floor||Crafter||Leather Crafter (Mattekar Hide)|
Creatures that are commonly found in the area surrounding Neydisa Castle.