|Related Pages Images References|
Nuhmudira is a Milantean mage, though she passes herself as Gharu'ndim and on Ispar she was a scholar of Tirethas. She studied ancient Falatacot rituals and is rumored to practice Blood Magic. Together with Candeth Martine, she is one of the few who have grasped the higher concepts of magic, and put them into use.
She is also referred to as "The Singer" , "she, who sings to the world", the "Blood-Witch"; the Aluvians called her the reincarnation of their Winter Queen, Alfrega, and nicknamed her "The Monster of the Labyrinth".
The Arcanum and Nuhmudira's experiments with Blood Magic
As leader of the Arcanum she researched and discovered the secrets of the Lifestones. She learned that the lifestones of Dereth, while seeming to be a boon granting eternal life to Isparians, in reality sustained the life of the Empyreans trapped in portal space. Nuhmudira learned how to sever the connection between an Isparian soul and the Empyrean lifestones, and learned to create her own lifestones, for the benefit of allied Isparians only. A few of these style Lifestones came into being in for example the Olthoi North and Marae Lassel.  . She was also responsible for establishing housing and the housing settlements.. Last but not least, The Arcanum under her leadership discovered the secret to redistribute skills and attributes.
She has a strong distrust of Asheron and all Empyreans, fearing that if the Yalaini return it will be the end of the Isparians. To that end, she practices Blood Magic and other Empyrean magics in hopes to provide Isparians with the means to defend against Empyreans.
Nuhmudira planned to make a school in Arwic supposedly in the currently empty villas seen on the east side of town. However, her plans apparently never came to fruition because after many years no school has yet to open and the buildings remain empty.[Citation Needed]
She broke with the Council or was removed from the Council after being accused of using dark magics. Not all Isparians believe these accusations though, especially those with strong ties to the Arcanum. and many are thankful for what she did for the Isparian people. Others strongly oppose her, and damned her for the sacrifices made.
It is unknown when she first started experimenting with Blood Magic, but during the Elements of Revenge Story Arc, she becomes enticed with it more and more, and crosses lines she knew there was no way back. She was inspired by one of the books she found during her travels, to which she refers as the "Book of Blood", Hanaureli Rezau in the Yalaini language, Inikshai Ardun in Dericostian.
- After her first victims, Nuhmudira is more and more tempted to use this magic, and the sacrifices it demands.
- In her Journal, Nuhmudira herself states she has put many "outlaws to the dagger on the cold stone slab" 
- In Nuhmudira's Dungeon, the body of a Sacrificed Zharalim can be found. This sacrificed Zharalim is supposed to be one of her trusted servants, Yal Ibn Rab.
- She uses her own blood to call for help when held in the Oubliette.
She has since tried to undermine Elysa and Asheron, even attempting to kill them, in order to gain control of the Isparians on Dereth.[Citation Needed] For the assassination of Elysa, she hired Oswald.
- Responsible for introducing the Bronze Statues in the towns, with the intention that those would protect these towns from Martine's and the elemental attacks. She used Blood Magic to create these Statues, and many were sacrificed to this end. Unfortunately, something went wrong, and the statues started attacking the same towns they were supposed to protect. It turns out that Gaerlan managed to take control over them. Candeth Martine duped Nuhmudira into aiding him in his acquisition of raw power, in the collection of the invisible rivers' power, tapping into the so-called Ley Lines. 
- She disappeared during the Persuasion event. It turns out she was lured in a trap by Kai Mallan and was kidnapped by Gaerlan, brought to the Oubliette in Gelidite Library and tortured. .Her captor had made an addition: on either side of the slab holding her were crystals that appeared to be imprinting memories and feelings upon her. There, players could make a choice to save her by giving their own life force, or damning her for her deeds. If a player choses to damn her, he/she is flagged for The Callous Heart Quest, but will have to do all 3 parts in the Soul Stone Quest. If a player choses to save her, he/she is flagged for the Nuhmudira's Boon Quest, and will have to do only the first part in the Soul Stone Quest.
- Nuhmudira manages to escape, with help of ancient Falatacot magics and assistance of the Sclavus. Gaerlan attempts to raise the Harbinger using Nuhmudira as a vessel but fails due to her prior escape. The energy from the failed summoning destroys the town of Yanshi.
- Again, during the Repercussions event, Nuhmudira is once more missing. Queen Elysa feels this as a betrayal. Hearing this, her most zealous followers proclaim that she has escaped her imprisonment and is now working to atone for her sins. As proof that she is aiding them in their battles, these zealots point to the fact that even more powerful weapons are being found in the land..
- For defeating the Harbinger, a choice can be made to join on Aerbax or on Nuhmudira's side by talking to Issk.
- During the Verdict patch, after the crashing of Gaerlan's Citadel, Isparians managed to fight their way through different dungeons and finally confront Gaerlan. After a long and arduous battle, Gaerlan was slain and Nuhmudira appeared, trapping him in a phylactery.
- Responsible, after Elysa was stabbed and Asheron stuck in his tower surrounded by Olthoi, for chasing away the Ancient Olthoi Queen
- Nuhmudira asks the Isparians to collect Olthoi Glands dropped by Olthoi Matrons, to conduct research on how to defeat the Olthoi.
- After sending the Isparians out to collect a Dericost Poison to infect the food of the Olthoi, she send them out to collect different items to prepare for an ancient Falatacot Ritual. Nuhmudira's ritual allowed her to contact the mind of the Queen and direct the Isparian forces. Only after Nuhmudira enacted this ancient Falatacot ritual the Isparians were able to defeat the Ancient Olthoi Queen.
- In the final battle, Nuhmudira cast a powerful spell that joined her mind to that of the Ancient Olthoi Queen. Faced with an alien presence in her mind, surrounded by Isparian weapons and spells, and sensing that her broods would be poisoned if they remained, the Ancient Queen fell back. She collapsed the tunnels behind her and fled from Dereth.
- The Olthoi, without the guidance of their ancient leader, formed into individual hives led by young and old queens. Nuhmudira was missing again, those who last saw her report that she appeared bewildered and stricken with some sort of malady. Sharing her mind with the Olthoi Queen's was debilitating, and perhaps too much for her aging body to survive. Then there was the singing and the laughter that floated on the wind and rubbed the bones of every living creature.
Though Nuhmudira was seldom seen in Dereth after the disappearance of the Ancient Olthoi Queen, later events show she is still alive and active.
- She was rumored to be killed by Oswald. That Oswald and Nuhmudira are not the best of friends becomes also clear in later lore.
- She discovered and opened up Xi Ru's Island and (as an NPC) rewarded people personally for retrieving items. Elysa send Antius Blackmoor and others to search for her after discovering her cottage.
- She helped Varicci II create his augmented army and bring down the Fiun Barrier.[Citation Needed]
- Evidence (such as the Blue Face Paint Recipe being found in Nuhmudira's Dungeon) implies she was involved in the theft of the corpse of Lunnum.
- She has formed and is the leader of the society known as the Radiant Blood, and actively takes part in Land Control by capturing for example Freebooter Keep.
- She does not refrain from using Blood Magic, and for example uses this to locate Lord Rytheran, and subsequently sending out her servants to search him out. Goal is to obtain Lord Rytheran's memories of the Book of Eibhil, to find out what he did wrong, what can be done to stop what he has unleashed.
Appearances In Game
- As a NPC similar to Celdiseth, Fadsahil al-Tashbi, and Shoyanen Kenchu selling Master-Robes and the like (unconfirmed?) 
- Found captured in the Oubliette in Gelidite Library during the Betrayal patch.
- Nuhmudira (Gaerlan's Defeat) - After Gaerlan in Gaerlan's Citadel was slain for the first time, during the Verdict patch.
- Nuhmudira (Ancient Olthoi Queen Event) - Live Events during Preparation for the Ritus
- As Nuhmudira (NPC Soul Stone Quest) in the Soul Stone Quest, replaced now by Camryn, Nuhmudira's Student
- The spells Nuhmudira's Boon, Nuhmudira's Blessing, Nuhmudira's Spines, Nuhmudira's Enlightenment and Nuhmudira's Wisdom are named after her.
- Bronze Statue Weapons
- Crystal Minds and Shattered Souls
- Disturbance in the Ley Lines
- Gift Box Quest
- Nuhmudira's Boon Quest
- Lunnum's Return
- Gelidite Library Quest
- Preparation for the Ritus
- Renegade Mace Quest
- Soul Stone Quest
- Zharalim - they serve as Nuhmudira's human servants  and call her "Malika" (Queen).
- Sclavus - Nuhmudira also used Sclavus as her servants, and they can be found in many locations with which she is associated.
- Ancient Olthoi Queen - weakened and subsequently chased away by Nuhmudira
- Anasha - a student of Nuhmudira
- Aun Paritea - a student of Nuhmudira
- Aun Talamura - a student of Nuhmudira 
- Balthazar, Royal Guardian
- Camryn, Nuhmudira's Student- a student of Nuhmudira
- Cydna Wren - a former Student of Nuhmudira 
- Darhy, Assistant to Nuhmudira
- Issk - a Chomu Priest, helping those who want to assist Nuhmudira defeating the Harbinger
- Lacarra Avanthi - servant of Nuhmudira
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student- a student of Nuhmudira
- Student - a student of Nuhmudira 
- Tornash - a student of Nuhmudira
- Dark Tree Crystal Mine and the Warehouse - an ancient Empyrean dungeon used as a storage warehouse
- Oubliette in Gelidite Library - where she was captured and tortured by Gaerlan during the Betrayal patch
- Xi Ru's Library On Bended Knee patch
- Nuhmudira's Hidden Cottage - discovered during On Bended Knee patch
- Nuhmudira's Mansion and Nuhmudira's Dungeon - discovered during Persuasion patch
Items and Objects
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2001/11 The Gathering Storm - Writ of Refuge Text
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2001/09 Keep Your Enemies Closer - Homestead
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2008/06 Dispatch - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2002/01 Flesh and Blood - Flesh and Blood--Snowreap, PY 13 (January, 2002)
- ↑ 2002/05 Hidden Vein - Treatise on Essence
- ↑ 2003/10 Reign of Terror - Teaser
- ↑ 2003/12 Waking From the Abyss - Missives to the World Shaper
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 2003/08 Into the Darkness - Issk#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 2002/03 Persuasion - Nuhmudira's Journal
- ↑ 2002/03 Persuasion - Persuasion--Wintersebb, PY 13 (March, 2002)
- ↑ 2003/03 - A Perfect Paradox - Release Notes
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 2003/08 Into the Darkness - Natural Order
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 2008/05 Introductions - Tenets of the Radiant Blood
- ↑ 2003/01 The Slumbering Giant - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2003/03 A Perfect Paradox - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ Queen in the Storm
- ↑ 2002/11 The Iron Coast - A Note From Ciandra
- ↑ 2002/05 Hidden Vein - Hidden Vein--Solclaim, PY 13 (May, 2002)
- ↑ 2003/07 A Swelling Tide - Asheron's Raiment Quest#Retired Text
- ↑ A Swelling Tide - Teaser
- ↑ 2002/04 Betrayal - Hiro, Arcanum Artificer#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2001/10 The Widening Gyre - Agent of the Arcanum#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2002/04 Betrayal - Nuhmudira's Boon Quest#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2002/04 Betrayal - Kai Mallan, Sho Enchanter#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2002/03 Persuasion - Announcements - 2002/03 - Persuasion#Teaser
- ↑ 2003/07 A Swelling Tide - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 33.2 2002/04 Betrayal - Nuhmudira's Charm
- ↑ 2005/01 Assault - Nuhmudira's New Year's Resolutions
- ↑ 2008/08 Ancient Powers - Asheron's Call Nostalgia Blog #1: Allan "Orion" Maki
- ↑ 2002/04 Betrayal - Live Events
- ↑ 2002/04 Betrayal - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2002/04 Betrayal - Bronze Statue Weapons
- ↑ 2002/06 - Castling - Chronicles of the June Event
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 2002/03 Persuasion - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 43.0 43.1 2002/09 Verdict - Gaerlan's Research Notes
- ↑ 2002/04 Betrayal - Betrayal--Morningthaw, PY 13 (April, 2002)
- ↑ 2002/05 Hidden Vein - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2002/05 - Hidden VeinRollout Article
- ↑ 2002/04 Betrayal - Balthazar, Royal Guardian#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2002/08 - Atonement - Rollout Article
- ↑ 2002/08 - Atonement - Video Teaser
- ↑ 2002/05 Hidden Vein - Isparian Weapons Quest#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2003/08 Into the Darkness - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2002/09 Verdict - Maggies Site
- ↑ 2002/09 Verdict - Asheron's Platinum Golem#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 55.0 55.1 55.2 55.3 2003/10 Reign of Terror - Preparation for the Ritus#Retired Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 56.0 56.1 2004/11 On Bended Knee - Pack Ancient Olthoi Queen
- ↑ 2003/09 Groundswell - Maggies Site-Groundswell
- ↑ 2003/10 Reign of Terror - Preparation for the Ritus
- ↑ 2004/04 Treaties in Stone - The Moars (Rumor)
- ↑ 2004/03 Across the Vast Divide - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2004/04 A New Threat - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2004/11 On Bended Knee - Open Journal (Nuhmudira's Hidden Cottage)
- ↑ 2004/11 On Bended Knee - Teaser
- ↑ 2006/10 Dance of the Dead - Search for Lunnum#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2008/06 Dispatch - Rollout Article
- ↑ 68.0 68.1 2008/06 Dispatch - Disturbance in the Ley Lines#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2000/02 Shadows of the Past - General History of Dereth Vol. II
- ↑ 2003/10 Reign of Terror - Nuhmudira Appears in Zaikhal
- ↑ The Brink of the Abyss
- ↑ 2002/03 Persuasion - Announcements - 2002/03 - Persuasion#Teaser
- ↑ 73.0 73.1 73.2 2002/12 The Hall of the Tusker King - Gift Box Quest#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 74.0 74.1 74.2 2003/01 The Slumbering Giant Crystal Minds and Shattered Souls#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2003/11 Visions in the Darkness - Cydna Wren's Journal