June 2009 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Scouts say a mysterious woman seeks help with a grisly task at the Mhoire Graveyard."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard reports that Aerlinthe Island holds new surprises for the most powerful adventurers."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hunters report new, richer rewards available in the most dangerous areas of Dereth."
- Town Crier tells you, "Things seem to be coming to a head at the Crystalline Crag..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is there is trouble with bandits in the Baishi area!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Sean the Speedy has marked the next set of landmarks for the Explorers' Society."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rand the Hunter has announced a new set of bounties on Dereth's native wildlife."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the overachiever has been a lot happier with the treasure he's been finding on his hunts lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you're a map hound like me, you should seek out Sean the Speedy in Holtburg to learn about the new points the Explorers' Society has marked."
- Town Crier tells you, "A hunter of ghosts named Sharia Blackmist seeks assistance with a hunt among the powerful undead of the Mhoire Graveyard."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about the bandit troubles in Baishi? As if the realm did not have enough trouble from the Apostate Virindi!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Crystalline Crag's mysterious ordeal seems to be drawing to a fever pitch! Our scouts report encountering some curious machine."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you like hunting beasties like my cousin does, you should seek out Rand the Hunter in Holtburg to hear about the latest bounties. Here's a tip: pack your swim trunks."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about the doings at Aerlinthe Island? Aerfalle's old estate seems to have changed a bit. New challenges for the most powerful among us, and it seems new rewards for the rest of us."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "If you ask me, the Virindi Apostates have been a little too quiet. Even Claude doesn't say anything much these days. They're up to something..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, don't bother searching out Sean the Speedy's new exploration markers. I've already stolen them all. For a stout, I'll put them back though."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "There's something new in the crater by the Crystalline Crag. Yep, I dropped my favorite mug down there while I was tinkering with my new machine. Be a dear and fetch it for me?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Truly? You want to know about the wisdom of the ancients? Or at least the wisdom of this ancient? Well, I could tell you about the new ghost hunter lady in the graveyard, but it'll cost you a pint of stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "What? Why are you bothering me? Fetch an old man a stout to wet his whistle and maybe you'll hear about what's going on in Aerlinthe these days."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I know who's behind the bandit raids on Baishi. It's Ben Ten! She's gone bad, I tell you! Bad bad bad! Bad like beer that's been left out too long!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'll give you a hint on the Dereth exploration landmarks this time around. You must seek out... What was it now? Seek out... Oh, yes, seek out the landmarks. Can't fail if you just seek out the landmarks. And another stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Is it just me, or has the weather seemed like a particularly cruel joke lately? Things just haven't been the same since I set off that experimental weather spell... If it is my fault, I apologize. All it will take for me to fix it is another stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Mark my word, there's a reason those Apostates are laying low. They know every time they poke their heads out of the ether, we resourceful humans are there to smack em in their shiny fake noses. Thanks in no small part, I think, to my vigilance over this critical depot in the island's stout supply network."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, is Aerfalle making a big fuss again? I guess she's done crying over her poor soul-trapped boyfriend Rytheran. I should go pay her a visit, cheer her up. She said I could always make her laugh. Or did she call me laughable? Well, same difference, really."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Sharia Blackmist is out and kicking around in the graveyard, eh? Surprise surprise. I was one of her instructors in university back in Ispar. She was of those girls who overdid it with the eyeshadow, wore lots of silver jewelry, and mooned over dead poets. What do you call them? Huns? Vandals?"
New UI and Game Changes
- Silk is now a free tinker with no chance to fail.
- Ghost Hunter Quest - Find three invisible ghosts for Sharia Blackmist in the rubble below the newly erupted Mhoire Castle in Graveyard for xp and 2 Adventurer's Tokens.
Timed and Live Events
- 7/4/09 - Thug Attack - Thugs and Thug Bosses attack Baishi. A NPC named Grateful Shopkeeper later appeared after all were killed, rewarding players with a Family Necklace. It's unknown what the Family Necklace purpose is but it is only a necklace worth 200,000 pyreal with no special properties or inscription. You can return the necklace to the shopkeeper for no reward.
- 7/10/09 - Thug Attack in Lin - Thugs and Thug Bosses attack Lin. A NPC named Ries Woron later appeared after all were killed. He said his wife was taken and he must find her. No reward was given but Ries Woron said he would give a reward.
- 7/11/09 - Thug Camp - A Global went out that Ries Woron found a Thug Camp at 57.8S, 72.8E near Lin. Lots of Thugs and Thug Bosses at this spot.
- 7/17/09 - Thug Hideout (On going Event) - A Global went out that Ries Woron found the Thug Hideout at 65.8S 77.2E near Mayoi. Lots of Thugs and Thug Bosses in the dungeon. You see Ries Woron get killed by The Unknown Warrior. At the end Carolyn Woron appears in Lin and rewards participants from this and previous events.
- Dereth Exploration - 10 new Markers were added.
- Monthly Game Hunter - New creatures to hunt: Voracious Eaters, Abhorrent Eaters, Tumeroks in the Valley of Death and Withered Atoll, Dark Isle Remoran, and Giant Jungle Phyntos Wasps and Agitated Phyntos Wasps
- Lady Aerfalle Quest Updated - Token for xp added to low version, new 150+ version (get shard from altar in chest room then back track to start and give shard to ghost for portal to new part, limited to a single fellow). Repeat timer changed to 1 hour (intentionally? NPC still says 3 hours). The recall scroll is now available on all three versions of the quest (previously it was only on the low version).
- Marker Crystals - A new dungeon has been added (the Facility) to the Crystalline Crag. Five more crystals have been added to the dungeon. If a player completes this and the 20 Crystals that came before it they will be awarded 200,000,000xp and a five use Reinforced Mana Forge Key.
- Crystalline Adventurer - After opening the Essence Locks in the new dungeon in the crater of Crystalline Crag, you can use the Essence Lock in the Crater to spawn a Crystalline Essence Array. Kill it, loot the Crystalline Array Fragment, and return it to Tokashi Ando for 150,000,000xp and a Braced Mana Forge Key - No New Title
- Sharia Blackmist - 65.3S 43.3W in Graveyard
- Ghost of Dylaeral - Start of Aerfalle Keep
- Grateful Shopkeeper - Found in Baishi after Thug Raid event concludes
- Ries Woron - Central figure in the Thug Raid events. Searching for his wife who was captured by Thugs.
- The Unknown Warrior - Seen briefly in the Thug Hideout dungeon as part of the Thug Raid events. He kills Ries Woron there.
- Carolyn Woron - Gives Mana Forge Key rewards to those that took part in the Thug events. She is the daughter of Ries Woron.
- Lo Shoen - Moved to Arcanum Lookout (sometimes spawns on ground)
- Skettek the Wanderer - Moved to Arcanum Lookout
- Ghost of Galaeral - Model changed from virindi shaped ghost to hooded robe ghost, no longer accepts dagger (give to Ghost of Dylaeral instead).
- Aerfalle's Sanctum - New dungeon added to the Lady Aerfalle Quest, filled with high level skeletons, wights, ghosts, and liches. The portal spawns in the boss room (end) of Aerfalle Keep after giving a Nexus-keyed Mana Shard to Ghost of Galaeral.
- 90.3N, 43.5E - Pyre Skeleton Cave - A small cave found on Aerlinthe populated by 3 Pyre Skeletons. This is the same landblock as Aerfalle's Sanctum. Possibly a way back to the 150+ Aerfalle Dungeon if you die?
- Arcanum Lookout - 65.3S 43.3W in Graveyard - A floating platform where several NPCs now take refuge, a portal below takes you up. Portals:
- Mhoire Castle - 64.5S 45.4W in Graveyard - The castle has erupted from underneath and is floating on clouds, leaving a rubble strewn pit beneath it. This is the structure visible in the ACC Wiki teaser image.
- Facility - New Dungeon at 15.7S, 65.3W in the Crater at Crystalline Crag. Since you can't access the Crater from the outside, you need to have run through the first 4 dungeons and gotten flagged to use the door to the crater (see Crystalline Adventurer
- Thug Hideout - Dungeon near Mayoi full of Thugs and Thug Bosses. Only appears during a special timed event.
- Mana Forges - The chest loot has been improved significantly, higher AL range for covenant, better mod range on weapons, higher chance of Item Sets, weapon chests have 1 more item per pull (4-6 items now instead of 3-5), no more rank requirements, all items (including jewelery and clothing) now have level req 150+ or 180+.
- Mar'uun - Town is in ruins. NPCs are missing and portals are disrupted. Most NPCs left a corpse, only Kaywin and Jinmi al-Evv have seem to survived the event, but are nowhere to be found. The(dysfunctional) Test Portal and the Stabilizing Machine are still there. Near the Stabilizing Machine an attuned and bonded Scrap of Paper can be found, indicating that it was no accident....
- Crater near Crystalline Crag - Now holds the last Essence Lock which spawns the Crystalline Essence Array (See Crystalline Adventurer
|Portal Space Time Travel|
|Scrap of Paper (Mar'uun)|
|Essence Lock||Eastern Gate Key||Southern Gate Key||Western Gate Key|
|Northern Gate Key||Crystalline Array Fragment||Reinforced Mana Forge Key|
|Ghost Hunter Quest|
|Crystal of Spectral Blood||Skull of One Thousand Torments||Spectral Heart|
|Ries Woron and the Thugs|
|Family Necklace||First Gate Key||Second Gate Key|
Click images for full size.
- Have Not been able to apply ivory to new hilted weapon.
- You must apply a hilt before tinkering, you cannot apply a hilt after tinkering as was intended. Because of the low odds of imbueing and timer on making hilts, this greatly restricts your ability to make a new hilt until this is fixed.
- The failed to enter chat channels bug persists.
- The boss of the new Crystalline Crag quest has a regeneration rate that is higher than intended, will be fixed for next patch.
- One version (Yellow armor with bull shield) of the Degenerate Shadow Commander is not flagged for Tier 7 loot.
- Aerfalle's Gaze - Lowers targets [sic] skills by 45 points...
- When speaking to Sharia Blackmist the first time: ...accepted the position of investigators [sic] of the paranormal...
- When you give the Nexus-keyed Mana Shard to the Ghost of Galaeral, part of the chat is "The %mn chants a few words, binding your fellowship together and settling a protective enchantment over you all." -- the "%mn" should be replaced with something else.
- Several typos in the Scrap of Paper (Mar'uun), though this might be intentional, since it is a hastily written note.