March 2014 - Announcements Page
Letter to the Players
Click image for full size version.
Patch Date: 4th March, 2014
Patch Size: 4,877k (Client: 2,939k)
Hotfix: Patch Size: 4,728k (Client: 9k) (7th March, 2104)
|Town Crier Rumors|
|Monthly Kill Tasks|
New UI and Game Changes
- The random rewards for the Viridian Rise have been reworked and most of the consumable rewards have been removed.
- Players can now learn level 7 spells directly from teachers. Stipend spells have been changed from level 7 to level 8.
- Society armor now works with layering kits.
- Asheron's Castle now has specialization statues. Specialization statues have been simplified.
- The cost of major armatures has been adjusted back to a cost of 1.
- Healing animations are now shorter. The heal comes earlier in the animation.
- The value of massive mana stones has been restored. Massive mana stones can no longer be sold.
- Dual Wield has been changed to COORD + COORD / 3.
- Weapon masteries are now universal. All characters get the benefit of 5 DR when using a weapon with a mastery, regardless of the character's mastery. Weapon that previously had no mastery bonus at all still don't give 5 DR.
- The number of creatures in the PK Luminance arena have been reduced.
- A brand new Coliseum to challenge players and top end characters has been added.
- A weapon upgrade system that creates Paragon Weapons has been added to the game. Characters can slowly enhance their favorite weapons by forging them into Paragon weapons. The process that will send characters all over Dereth to prove themselves by completing heroic tasks and gaining Luminance. Though the process is involved, Paragon weapons gain levels and empower the user with substantial benefits. The process can enhance melee weapons, missile weapons or casters. (This process will work on most quest and loot weapons that do not already have set spells.)
- Enlightenment has been added to the game. A system designed for our most dedicated players, Enlightenment allows a character who has reached the pinnacle of levels and Luminance to let it all go and start over. The process of Enlightenment is certainly not for the faint of heart, but enlightenment will provide an avenue for players to prove that they are some of the most hardcore players of the game.
- An enlightened character proves themselves by sacrificing all experience, levels, Luminance, and Luminance augmentations.
- The character starts fresh, gaining a title, an extra point in all trained and specialized skills, and two extra Vitality points. ~ Enlightened characters retain their normal augmentations. They no longer have to spend experience points on those augmentations as they level.
- New Character Login Screen artwork;
- All the following quests are part of the Paragon Weapons quest chain;
- Summercrown - at the base of the Deru Tree on the Viridian Rise.
- Gauntlet Ticket Vendors
- Master of the Gauntlet
- Gauntlet Vendors
- Professors of Magic - In Arwic, outside the Scriveners' shop.
Cost of Learning Chart in Pyreal Notes
|1||L||2 X||L||2 X||x|
|5||3 MMD||2 MM||2 MMD||2 MM||M|
|6||20 MMD||8 MMD||12 MMD||8 MMD||2 MMD|
|7||40 MMD||16 MMD||24 MMD||16 MMD||4 MMD|
- Note: Select the Professor .. from the chat button .. select to talk to the NPC. Then in the chat, type 'level one' or 'level 1' (or the level of choice) and Enter. A dialogue will open, telling you the cost. Click on Yes to receive. The Pyreal Notes will be automatically withdrawn from your toon for payment. Your toon will automatically learn the spells (and not receive scrolls to learn by).
- Lair of the Gromnus Champion in Eldrytch Web Gauntlet
- Lair of Holcha in Eldrytch Web Gauntlet
- Lair of Tremb'Orh in Eldrytch Web Gauntlet
|Viridian Rise Deru Portal Sending Gem|
Hover over links for stat panels
- File:Gauntlet Ticket Icon.png
- File:Gauntlet Ticket Stub Icon.png
- File:Gauntlet Treasure Key Icon.png
- File:Gauntlet Vault Key Icon.png
- File:Yellow Society Locket Icon.png
- File:Brown Society Locket Icon.png
- File:Blue Society Band Icon.png
- File:Green Society Band Icon.png
- File:Purple Society Band Icon.png
- File:Red Society Band Icon.png
- Gauntlet Armor Chest
- Gauntlet Magic Chest
- Gauntlet Weapon Chest
- Gauntlet Vault
|Infused Amber Collection|
|Marid Stipend Vendor|
|Ring Spells Certificate||Wall Spells Certificate|
|Major Item Tinkering Armature|
|Massive Mana Charge|
|Item Spells Certificate||Life Spells Certificate||Creature Spells Certificate||Combat Spells Certificate|
|Society Chests - 2 pieces of Society Armor can be looted on each chest pull now.|
Portal.dat (Ingame Icons)
Click image for full size.
- The 3rd challenge of Summercrown for the Paragon Weapons quest cannot be completed.
- You must talk to Summercrown to start the quest before attempting to complete the 1st challenge.
- You're not kicked out of the Gauntlet when time runs out.
- The void caster sold at the Gauntlet has resistance cleaving to nether Link.
During this the final patch there was no Splash Scren added but instead the following 2 screen were used as part of a final sign of to Asherons Call.