February 2007 - Announcements Page
- Colosseum introduced.
- Craft Buffing Pets have been added to the game. These pets will provide buffs to Cooking, Alchemy, Fletching, and Lockpick. These buffs are stackable with all other similar spells.
User Interface Updates
- The Squelch Panel has been added to the game. Players will be able to locate the Squelch Panel on their social tab.
- Colosseum Bosses (Thunder Chicken & Very Mad Cow)
- Burun Liberator
- Crafting Golems
- Enhancing Mucor
- Saving Asheron
- Asheron (Saving Asheron)
- Burun Shaman of Kor-Gursha
- Collector Golem
- Colosseum Ticket Vendor
- Golem Constructor
- Master Arbitrator
- Scout Leader Tmauruk
- Sigil Keeper
- Asheron's Defender
- Burun Liberator
- Mad Cow Slayer
- Thunder Chicken Slayer
- Asheron's Savior (Event)
- Torgluuk's Liberator (Event)
- Town Crier
Viamontian Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about the Colosseum? I can't wait to go. I'm sure my people will crush the competition in the arenas. Oh glorious battle! I can smell the blood already!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The King has once again neither condemned nor approved of the ventures into Bur. Loyal Viamontian citizens are free to do as they wish."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors of Empyrean Golems being used by Viamontian Crafters are false. Our mages are responsible for these new devices, not the Empyreans."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! It is now easier to track people you wish to ignore! Yes, I realize that is somewhat paradoxical."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard of something called a mana barrier? It's said that the Bloodless are expending all their energy into figuring out how to lower one."
- Town Crier tells you, "Sometimes a statue is a piece of art, and sometimes it can be much more."
- Town Crier tells you, "A path has been opened to a wholly new world, ripe for... exploration. All those loyal to the King should establish themselves there and... explore... what's there to... find"
- Town Crier tells you, "So it seems that sages have made it easier for us all to keep track of the people whose comments we wish to ignore. Maybe this will help me ignore the high pitched whining of the Bloodless..."
- Town Crier tells you, "His Majesty King Varicci declares the use of Empyrean Golems to be a breakthrough in Viamontian Magic! Our most powerful mages have setup golems in the Halls of Metos to provide the benefits of our discoveries to everyone."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Bloodless put all their energy into freeing this Asheron, but really, what will change when he returns? Will he save them from our advances? When the King decides to advance, the Bloodless and the rebels both will be crushed."
- Town Crier tells you, "Do you know what a "ley line" is? I don't, but I've heard them mentioned a few times lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "There's a Burun named Tmauruk who is giving out missions on Bur. Might be interesting to see what he wants."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Colosseum is the greatest thing to happen since the development of the flamberge! I once watched the Knight Duval Renari fight three Tremendous Monougas! It was glorious. You should have seen him cut off one Monouga's leg and use it to bludgeon the other two."
Mainland Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear a Colosseum was found west of Yanshi. Some Empyrean Golems have been running it ever since the Empyrean left. Nobody told them to stop. Anyway, fighters from everywhere and some creatures are going there to test their skills. It all sounds a bit too dangerous to me."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Now it's easier to keep track of people you don't want to talk to any more!"
- Town Crier tells you, "So, now that all of you stalwart adventurers have found a way to get to Bur, anyone found Asheron yet?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you visited Bur? I've heard that there's a scout who is telling people how to get to previously undiscovered caverns. Who knows what's down there?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that there's a mana barrier under the Burun town of Kor-Gursha. I've got no idea how to lower it, but maybe one of the Burun might know."
- Town Crier tells you, "Lots of golems around recently. Ayup."
- Town Crier tells you, "Some kind of golem invasion I reckon. Lots of crafters around too."
- Town Crier tells you, "The upper catacomb sure does have a lot of statues in it, doesn't it? Wonder what they're all for..."
- Town Crier tells you, "They found a Colosseum near the Abandoned Arena west of Yanshi. Fighters can test their mettle against all sorts of opponents. I think they should have a Town Crier event where the loudest crier wins."
- Town Crier tells you, "I SURE COULD USE THE REWARD MONEY!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Seems the golems in the Halls of Metos held the secret to golem creation. Now everyone who's anyone has a golem."
- Town Crier tells you, "Something scared that Burun scout Tmauruk pretty badly. I'd be careful if I were to go into any
- Town Crier tells you, "Yes, I've heard that sages have developed a more efficient way for you to keep track of the people you don't want to hear from any more."
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard a mage talking about "ley lines", like they might be important. Don't know anything else, sorry."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have a cousin who has an uncle whose neighbor heard that the Queen and her council all think that Asheron is being held behind the mana barrier, and that finding a way to lower it is of vital importance
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You just watch. Ignore my warnings at your own peril. Applesauce! Applesauce, I tell you! But this time, it'll be chaos-tainted applesauce!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I went to the Colosseum to see what all the fuss was about. I wasn't too impressed. I mean, if I wanted a real fight I'd head home and try to get my roommate to wash the dishes."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "What's under that mysterious mana barrier on Bur? A survivor of a previous crash on Bur, who's been hiding out for sixteen years... No, wait, that's not it."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Have you seen people running around with strange little golems trailing after them?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Maybe I should cut back on the winter lager."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Listen kid, I'd love to help you go to Bur and free Asheron, but I've got responsibilities here. What kind of responsibilities, you ask? Well, for one thing, I'm the lifeblood and livelihood for Berkholt and all his booze. You think he makes any money off those rumors?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Someone told me he squelched me the other day. I don't know what that means, but I was pretty sure I didn't know him well enough for him to do something like that to me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "While you're over there on Bur, don't forget to free that nice young frog Torgluuk as well. He promised to bring me back some strange and exotic hops to make a truly delectable beer."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm done with the Colosseum. I fought everyone and everything they had. I even remember fight cows and chickens or was it some kind of pink thing. I can't remember. What I do know is that I'm the Super Ultimate Champion of the Colosseum."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Feels like the Tanada have been kinda quiet lately. Maybe they went to Bur too. But what could a clan of ninjas possibly find useful on a world that consists of dark caverns and mushrooms with strange powers?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Listen, if you want a shot at defeating me in the Colosseum, you'll need to get me very, very drunk. So fetch me another stout, kid!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Did you know that if you straightened out the Upper Catacomb and stretched it out, it would be 20 feet long? Interesting fact I learned, studying anatomy during my academy days. I... No, wait, 20 feet... that's not that impressive. It's not the Upper Catacomb that I'm thinking about, is it?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I wonder if any of my wandering Merwart friends made it to Bur yet? There's got to be something on that strange planet that's worth brewing into booze."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You folks who are going to Bur to free Asheron have got the wrong idea entirely. Asheron's trapped at the bottom of a barrel of stout, right here in this tavern! Help me free him, one mug at a time! Bring me some stout! We've all got to do our part, kid!"