|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Tanada Temple of Black Water Quest|
|Starts With:||Pau Yajin|
|Starts At:||28.8S 59.4E in Sawato|
|Quest Chain:||1. Tanada House of Storms Quest|
2. Tanada House of Earth Quest
3. Tanada House of Water Quest
4. Tanada Temple of Black Water Quest
5. Tanada House of Fire Quest
Walkthrough & Notes
- Run to the Black Water Temple at 24.2S, 57.1E.
- Enter the tunnel dug in the ground, proceed into cave.
- Kill Black Water Gatekeeper. Loot , used to open nearby Black Water Threshold (resistance 9999).
- Enter Black Water Temple just behind the threshold (no level restrictions, cannot be tied, recalled, or summoned).
- Proceed through dungeon. Kill Master of the Depths located at the end. Loot .
- Portal recall to return to Sawato. If you do not have item magic, hit the surface portal nearby and run back to Sawato. Give Pau Yajin the medallion.
- Run back to the temple. Use the Shrine of Black Water in the Mage Tower to enter the final dungeon.
- Proceed through the dungeon.
- Warning: Fists of the Depths, worn by the enemy, can do massive damage - their critical hits are typeless damage.
- Kill Watcher of the Black Water. Loot and .
- Return to Sawato. Give Pau Yajin the mask for your reward.
- Optional: Hand in an unwanted mask to Pau Yajin for a bonus experience reward.
- Optional: Bring Black Water Watcher's Shard to Diyas al-Yat for the .
Dungeons & Maps
|Black Water Temple||24.2S, 57.1E||--||--|
|Give Pau Yajin the Mask of the Depths|
|Experience:||6,891,063 (5% up to level 120)|
- Opening Dialog
- Pau Yajin tells you, "So you've already helped us investigate the three other Tanada temples! You are both brave and dedicated. I must ask your assistance as well, as my colleagues Sayuji Jina and Meshenq have already done."
- Pau Yajin tells you, "I ask you to journey to the Tanada Temple of Black Water, in the swamp at 24.2 S, 57.1 E. There you must find the Tanada assassin known as the Master of the Depths. Slay him and bring me his jade medallion. I will need his medallion to be able to get to the bottom of the corruption of that clan of Tanada."
- Returning to Pau
- Pau Yajin tells you, "Haven't I already asked you to go to the Tanada Temple of Black Water at 24.2 S, 57.1 E and bring me back the jade medallion of the Master of the Depths? Please hurry."
- Using shrine (unflagged)
- You feel a vague sense of unease as you touch this shrine, nothing more. Perhaps a dowser in Sawato might know more about it.
- Returning to Pau
- Pau Yajin tells you, "You've got the jade medallion of the Master of the Depths? Good work. Please give it to me and I can figure out what our next actions against the Temple of Black Water must be."
- Handing in Medallion of the Depths
- You give Pau Yajin Jade Medallion of the Depths.
- Pau Yajin tells you, "You have done well to retrieve this medallion from the corrupted Master of Depths. You can see the corruption in the jade itself! What a terrible thing has happened to a once-noble House of Nanjou Shou-Jen. Our sources tell us that the key to the corruption of the Tanada can be found back at the Temple of Black Water. There is a Virindi Watcher there whose lair may be accessed through the Shrine of Black Water. Go back to the temple and use the shrine, and you should be able to find your way to the lair of the Watcher of Black Water..."
- Using Shrine (flagged)
- You feel a hot warmth wash over your entire body as the Shrine of Black Water seems to recognize you and pull you in...
- Returning to Pau
- Pau Yajin tells you, "You've got the mask of the Watcher of the Depths. Please hand it over to me and I shall reward you."
- Handing in Mask of the Watcher of Black Water
- You give Pau Yajin Mask of the Watcher of Black Water.
- Pau Yajin tells you, "So it is done. The foul Virindi presence that has corrupted the Tanada has been rooted out. This will not save the souls of the Tanada who have already been corrupted, but at least we know what we are dealing with and can take appropriate steps. I am grateful for all the help you have given us."
- Pau Yajin tells you, "If you don't need that mask, I'll take it back in exchange for practical training."
- You've earned 35,000,000 experience.
- Pau Yajin gives you Mask of the Depths.
- Handing in the mask
- You give Pau Yajin Mask of the Depths.
- Pau Yajin tells you, "Really? You're not interested in this lovely mask? Pity, I find it quite stylish. Still, if you don't want it..."
- You've earned 6,891,063 experience.
- Handing in the shard
- You allow Pau Yajin to examine your Black Water Watcher's Shard.
- Pau Yajin tells you, "Ah, unfortunately, I cannot translate this... You may wish to bring it to Diyas al-Yat of Zaikhal for translation."
- Handing in Black Water Watcher's Shard to Diyas al-Yat
- You give Diyas al-Yat Black Water Watcher's Shard.
- Diyas al-Yat tells you, "Well, this is disturbing..."
- Diyas al-Yat tells you, "These Tanada from the House of Water seem to have become the pawns of forces greater than themselves. Here, have a look for yourself."
- Diyas al-Yat gives you Translated Black Water Watcher's Shard.
- Handing in translation
- You allow Pau Yajin to examine your Translated Black Water Watcher's Shard.
- Pau Yajin tells you, "Very interesting. I thank you for sharing this with me. You can keep the translation, however. It is not very useful to me. I am satisfied that the Watcher of the Black Water has been defeated."
- Returning to Pau
- Pau Yajin tells you, "You've already resolved the situation at the Temple of Black Water for me. I can ask no more of you."