November 2001 - Announcements Page
- Settlement Portals introduced starting with housing added in the Keep Your Enemies Closer update.
- 150 Cottages added.
- Allegiances can now purchase their own Mansions on the landscape.
- Further enhancements to the fellowship system have been made. See the Letter to the Players for details.
- Artwork updated for Mosswarts.
- Artwork updated for Canescent Mattekar Robes.
- Other changes:
User Interface Updates
- Magic items now display "Mana bars" below the name of the item when selected. This makes it easier to determine the Mana remaining in an item.
- Owners of houses can now use @house hooks on/off to turn the visibility of their hooks on and off.
- Agent of the Arcanum - Now accept Diamond Powder and Pyreal Ingots in exchange for Writs (old items are retired)
- Jordan's Apprentice Craftsman - Now sell paintings for your home.
- Jubei's Apprentice Craftsman - Now sell paintings for your home.
- Steiner's Apprentice Craftsman - Now sell paintings for your home.
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "There are strange disruptions in Portal space near the Arrival points. We can only hope the Queen responds quickly."
- Town Crier tells you, "The purple haze in the sky seems to have disappeared. It will be nice to look upon the clear night sky."
- Town Crier tells you, "He and that ugly dabus. There are 49 other places he could put it, but no, he wants it right in the main room, where we entertain our guests! Even worse, every time he sees it he launches into the same story about the drudge, the mosswart, and the monougat, and how the whole thing ended up with him acquiring the dabus. That dabus and that story are soon going to be hidden from public view, I can tell you that."
- Town Crier tells you, "I was talking with some of my fellow Criers the other day about this whole Marae Lassel business. We're thinking of "taking a vacation" next month until our pay equals theirs. We need to get organized!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Grouping up is a great way to encounter the wilds of Dereth!"
- Town Crier tells you, "New portals everywhere! We're laying the infrastructure down for a glorious era of trade and prosperity."
- Town Crier tells you, "Yesterday, I placed my dabus in my house. It is a fine dabus. My wife doesn't like it, though. She wishes for me to take it down. But it's my dabus and I like it."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Fending off the Virindi is thirsty work. Fetch me some stout from old Berkholt and I'll clue you in to what's really going on around here, okay, friend?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Dance for me Drudge Boy!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Give me any rings you don't want. I've been collecting them ever since I found one near the water the other day."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I heard an ancient prophecy the other day. Here it is
- "And then the Bull became a Wizard, and he still kicked everyone's patootie!""
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Pretty furniture? Back in my day, when we quested it wasn't for pretty furniture! It was for mattress skirts! Oh, wait, I mean it was for gold! Which we then used to buy mattress skirts. You have a problem with that?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The grass is always greener on the other side. At least at my house it was. It's not my fault Dad never understood the basics of preventative lawn care!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You cannot always acquire what you desire. You cannot always acquire what you desire. But if you attempt it occasionally, you potentially could discover, that you acquire what you require. I'm thinking of setting it to music."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm a tired, old, bitter man. Truth or lie?"
- Rollout Article
- Release Notes
- Letter to the Players 1
- Letter to the Players 2
- Letter to the Players 3
Click image for full size version.