June 2000 - Announcements Page
- In rare cases where monsters slowly are being killed while they are unable to counterattack, the experience points awarded will be reduced. See the Letter to the Players for more details.
- Specialized skills that are very advanced will take less XP than before to improve. Those with very high specialized skills may see those skills jump up a bit.
- Tutorial creatures now yield 0 xp to prevent people from macroing inside the halls.
User Interface Updates
- Spellcasting bar now has new keyboard functionality, as requested! Here's more on the UI for spellcasting bars.
- Players can switch tabs by clicking on them, or by pressing Next/Previous-TAB keys. These use the SAME keys as the player's currently mapped Increase/Decrease Power/Accuracy keys.
- CTRL + Prev Tab = First Tab
- CTRL + Next Tab = Last Tab
- Now the Low-Attack/High-Attack keys are mapped to Previous/Next Spell when in Spellcasting mode.
- CTRL + Prev Spell = First Spell in List
- CTRL + Next Spell = Last Spell in List
- Added patron title and name to character appraisal, under the monarch info.
- Default keymap will no longer have “v” mapped to drop items. No more “Control-V” or “type 'vibe'" abuses with the default keymap! If you use a customized keymap, you should consider unmapping this key, as it can cause you to drop an item by accident or as the result of following unscrupulous advice.
- 6.6S, 70.8E - Abandoned House
- Asuger Temple
- Black Dominion
- Black Spawn Den
- Cursed Swamp
- Dungeon of Corpses
- Halls of Metos
- Lugian Citadel
- Murk Warrens:
- Mysterious Tunnels
- Nor's Folly
- Olthoi Horde Nest:
- Sclavus Cathedral:
- Setab's Barracks
- Cassius' Ring of Fire
- Searing Disc
- Nuhmudira's Spines
- Halo of Frost
- Eye of the Storm
- Tectonic Rifts
- Horizon's Blades
- Blistering Creeper
- Slithering Flames
- Spike Strafe
- Foon-Ki's Glacial Floe
- Os' Wall
- Hammering Crawler
- Bed of Blades
- Acid Streak
- Flame Streak
- Force Streak
- Frost Streak
- Lightning Streak
- Shock Wave Streak
- Whirling Blade Streak
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "Be careful! I have heard tell of formidable Lugians in some places!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The town of Ayan Baqur in the Direlands has seen increased patronage from the hardy few who can make it to that distant place."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are tidings of new dungeons that have been discovered! I wish I could quit my job and go explore!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Warning! New breeds of creatures now roam the Direlands--and reports say they are highly dangerous!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I had a chalice appraised recently... it was worth more than I thought!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Yesterday I found a Wool Fez of Leadership! Soon I shall be raking in the experience!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I thought potions were really heavy, but it seems the alchemists have made them more concentrated. You now get the same effect from a lighter vial."
- Town Crier tells you, "I am specialized in public speaking, and I feel that I'm much better at it now! Can you tell?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Someone told me some of the Shadow Spires may have moved. But other than that, the shadows have been very quiet."
- Town Crier tells you, "I wish people would stop targeting bunnies for trying out new spells. It is bad enough when they used to use me. What's going on these days, anyway?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "It's pronounced SAHL-claim, not SOLE-claim!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I developed some new spells the other day. Never would've thought that combination would work... Good thing too, because I didn't have enough tapers anyhow."