July 2004 - Announcements Page
- The content surrounding the town of Lin has been revised for levels 20-40.
- It is now possible to gain the ability to add a Magic-Absorbing property, similar to that of the Aegis Shield, to any loot missile weapon.
- Other changes:
- Most quest gems now indicate the level range of the quest in the description.
- New unique Foci colored icons for Item Magic and Creature Magic dispel scrolls (see portal.dat below).
- Creature Enchantment dispel scrolls, all Item Enchantment scrolls and the spells Spirit Pacification and Infected Spirit Caress now have unique icons (see portal.dat below).
User Interface Updates
- Loot weapons that cannot be imbued now state as such explicitly when identified. This currently only applies to missile weapons that have had the magic-absorbing property applied.
- Singularity Weapons Quest
- Singularity wands added
- A new NPC, the Virindi Castaway, now upgrades the blue base weapon into a purple Bound version that is not dropped on death.
- The Executor Assistant found in Martinate Holding now upgrades Bound weapons into Ultimate Singularity weapons.
- The original green upgraded weapons are now retired.
- Hizk Ri's Temple Entrance
- Resting Place
- Sunken Mere
- Tainted Grotto
- Lin Area (Content revised for levels 20-40)
- Creature Camps - Updated with new creatures.
- Empyrean Mountain Shrine - Now has Undead creatures and a Runed Chest.
- Golem Burial Ground - Creatures updated, Runed chest added
- Golem Shrine - Creatures updated, Runed chest added
- Effigy Foundry - Creatures have been rebalanced for characters from levels 20 to 30.
- Old Keep - Runed chests added
- Rocky Crypt - Golems updated.
- A Small Ruin - Creatures updated, Runed chest added
- Thieves' Galleries - Creatures updated, Runed chest added
- Undead Cave - Creatures updated, Runed chest added
- East Direlands Lighthouse
- Mud Cave
- Moarsman Muck
- Moarsmen Hideout
- Moars Laboratory
- Moarsmen Spawning Grounds
- Mosswart Shrine - Mosswart creatures killed and replaced with Burun. Portal to Tainted Grotto now found on the platform.
- 25.0S, 49.3E - Lich Camp - Creatures updated, Runed chest added. (unconfirmed for this event)
- Black Dominion - Moved to the Southern Landbridge 88.7S 25.9W.
- East Dires Sclavus Cathedral renamed to Burun Cathedral.
- New icons:
- No longer Attuned:
- Muck Glutton
- Miry Moarsman
- Disgusting Moarsman
- Viscous Moarsman
- Filth Dweller
- Squallid Moarsman
- Sallow Moarsman
- Pallid Moarsman
- Fetid Moarsman
- Muculent Moarsman
- Desiccated Mu-miyah
- Tormented Patriarch
- Tormented Attendant
- Tormented Consort
- Ward of the Retreat
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "An adventurer has decided to make his home in Candeth Keep. There is something not quite right about him. Be careful if you decide to accept his task."
- Town Crier tells you, "Not too long ago, some of my fellow criers and I spotted Fanzen San returning from a trip to the Vesayen Islands. I wonder what he was doing out there."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that there are some frightening new discoveries outside of the southern edge of the Valley of Death. I'd find fellows to travel with if I were to head out there."
- Town Crier tells you, "You would think with the disappearance of Sir Candeth Martine that the Virindi loyal to him would have dispersed. You would think that at least. But rumors persist that they are still about and have moved the location of the Black Dominion to the southern land bridge."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that a group of adventurers unearthed a temple filled with mu-miyah and other undead."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've found Lin to be quite agreeable as late. Everything just seems much more-- right."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that people have found some new breeds of Moarsmen. They must be stealthy creatures for us not to have seen them until now."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've often thought about the fact that we poke about in the graves of others. It's kind of morbid when you think about it, you know? But if you ask me... those undead should be looked after. They use evil magic after all."
- Town Crier tells you, "I stopped by the pub in Kryst a few days ago. There were some interesting rumors floating around the bar."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen more colors of the Singularity weapons than I have ever seen before. Must be something to do with those Virindi still loyal to Sir Candeth Martine."
- Town Crier tells you, "To the south of the Valley of Death there is a small swamp that is kept in the crux of a group of hills. You can get into this swamp but cannot get out. I've heard tell that the adventurer in Candeth Keep visited this area. He claims to have lost something there, but I have a feeling that he'd found something that he couldn't handle."
- Town Crier tells you, "More of those filthy Burun have been spotted outside of Yanshi. Fortunately they have been found without their new Renegade allies"
- Town Crier tells you, "I just heard the oddest rumor. Apparently an old man has moved into a tower on the Direlands side of the inland sea and claims to hold a dark secret about archery. I wonder if it's true."
- Town Crier tells you, "My little brother visited the Vesayen Islands not too long ago. He said that some of the places he used to go were overrun by Moarsmen!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Lin has received some attention from the High Queen. But as soon as the changes were finished more creatures became interested in the town. Why does that keep happening? For instance, the golems in the burial ground have pounded down some walls and extended their caverns."
- The town crier mumbles, "Idols, blood and dark magic. How can any of that be related to archery."
- Town Crier tells you, "Oh hey! You gave me money. Oh never mind what I was talking about... it was all tied to that crazy old man living on the inland sea."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
No new messages this month.