Isin Dule / Avoren Palacost
I have removed the content you added to these pages because it was copied from Crossroads of Dereth. We are not allowed to simply take content from other fan sites and claim it as our own. In the future, please write your own content with proper citation or simply create a link to the other fan site. Thank you.
--An Adventurer 14:32, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
reverting of edits
ENG, I removed your edits to certain pages for a reason. They are often trivia that is quite useless, out of the style for the wiki, and some times just incorrect.
- Peddler (27.8S, 68.3E) - of course this NPC sells useless items. It is a generic peddler, they all sell the same things. In fact, when it comes to weapons and armor, everything sold at any vendor is useless, whether it is a random wilderness vendor or one in town. So the mention of it on this single article is pointless. In addition to that, the idea that the items are useless is a personal opinion. While I agree that the items are low quality, someone viewing the article can make their own mind up about that, they do not need your personal views on the matter. And lastly, we don't need links to or articles for trash, noob, or player.
- Keys and Tools - Yes, it mentions in the original manual that vendors do not usually openly advertise the sale of lockpicks. However, that little bit of trivia is 10 years old, and is hardly worth mentioning. It does not help someone locate the LP vendor in a town by saying they do not advertise this fact. The player will still have to check the inventory either way. As for the bit about your conversation, "anyone who asks where the lockpicks are sold can be met with a hostile response" is not only purely your opinion and probably untrue (most players would be happy to tell you where to buy something), but the conversation itself is entirely out of place on the wiki.
I will be removing these edits again. Please do not re-add them. And please evaluate the usefulness of your contributions before editing. If it is simply trivia, please ask yourself 1) if it is a fact, or is it merely your opinion, 2) if it is true, and if so can you provide a source, and 3) does it add to the value of the article?
--An Adventurer 21:00, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
To answer your questions from Talk:ACC Wiki Home:
AC Creatures on Spore?
- 1. Could some of us design creatures from Asheron's Call onto Spore, and upload them to the Sporepedia?
- This isn't a turbine site, so this isn't the place to ask for permission to recreate their creations.
- 2. Then could we have an article or two about creatures from Asheron's Call appearing on Spore?
- No. Its off topic. It isn't information relating to Asheron's call.
How's the game doing today?
- This is a question for the offical forums.
Also, talk pages are only for discussing things to change about that page. The Talk:ACC wiki home is not a general discussion board. Our message board system here is not functional due to spam bots, but the offical turbine forums are the best place for AC discussions anyway because they receive the most traffic.
--An Adventurer 23:12, 27 September 2008 (CDT)
When I checked there a year or two ago, I found out (to my consternation) that I had to be a current paying player to use their forums, whereas back in '04 and '05, we could use the forums without having to have a subscription. --ENG 15:52, 28 September 2008 (CDT)
Yes you must be subscribed to post on turbine's forums. I am not sure about the free trail forums though. you may be able to post there without having an active subscription. Also, the ACvault boards are free to use.
Our boards were taken over by spam bots shortly after their launch. I have permissions to access the forum files, but I do not know how to modify them myself, and all the modification files warn that improper installation can mess up the forums. So I decided to not try that myself. Gouru, the wiki/forum creator, does not maintain the site himself, and the other person with permissions, Tlosk, has not yet modified the forums either.
This, combined with the fact that there is tons of content to add to the wiki itself has meant that the message board is not a priority for me. --An Adventurer 16:15, 28 September 2008 (CDT)