|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Weakened Harbinger Quest|
|Starts With:||Beldin the Gem Dealer|
|Starts At:||12.8S 46.0E in Old Yanshi|
Quest to kill the Harbinger after weakening it by cutting of its connection to the Essences of Magic.
- You will need one quest item to give to Issk or Vincadi to enter the Tunnels to the Harbinger. The items are all dropped randomly by certain creatures. Each item is also tied with a skill and on completion of the quest you will get one free point into that skill (see also quest XP reward).
- The Weakened, Essenceless and Empowered Harbinger quests all share timers for the free skill point and the Harbinger Arm Token.
Walkthrough & Notes
- Buy a from Beldin the Gem Dealer in Old Yanshi. He is in a burned out building. He also sells the .
- Give Decanter to the nearby Stone of Yanshi. Everyone must turn in a Decanter to be flagged to get rewards.
- 3 waves of enemies will spawn nearby, first a wave of Elementals, next Child of Acid, Child of Fire, Child of Frost and Child of Lightning, then Caustic Knight, Galvanic Knights, Incendiary Knights and Glacial Knights.
- After the enemies are all dead, the Reflection of the Harbinger will spawn. Kill him.
- Once the Reflection of the Harbinger is dead, loot a from the ground. The shard is used for reward turn in only. Killing the Reflection activates the Tunnels to the Harbinger portals to be the "easy" version. They will remain like this until the Harbinger is either defeated or the quest resets.
- When your group is ready, everyone should hand their Harbinger Item to the NPC (either Issk or Vincadi) and then use the nearby Tunnels to the Harbinger portal to begin.
- Once inside, the dungeon is linear to the bottom (keep heading down). The only obstacles are a series of 4 jumps that must be made.
- Jump 1: Acid Pit - Full jump ahead (land on invisible platform)
- Jump 2: Lava Pit - Jump into the pit and take the hallway to the North
- Jump 3: Ice Shelf - Shift-jump down onto the platform above the ice shelf, clear the spawn, and wait for your group.
- Jump 4: Ice/Acid Pit Combo - Dispel, then shift Jump down onto the ice shelf and quicky run to the edge and full jump across the acid pit (land on invisible platform). The ice hurts, so be quick.
- Jump 5: Staging Area - Shift jump down and quickly move off of the lava/ice floor.
- Unlike the other Harbinger quests, there are no portals after the 5th jump. Instead, you must continue to jump down a few times until you reach the Harbinger.
- Note that because there is no portal to the Harbinger, there is no easy way to get back if you die.
- The Harbinger has a few elementals with him at the bottom. Clear them out first before attacking the Harbinger.
- The Harbinger can be debuffed and is an elemental type, so Atlan Weapons and Isparian Weapons with Major Prismatic Stones in them work well.
- Kill the Harbinger, loot a , and take the portal which spawns after he dies. You must take the portal to be flagged for rewards!
- Talk to Issk or Vincadi for 1 point in the skill related to Harbinger item turned in.
- Hand the Harbinger Arm Token to the nearby Emissary of Asheron for the title "Champion of Dereth" and the .
- Hand the Reflective Shard to Ciandra in Xarabydun for an experience reward.
Dungeons & Maps
|Tunnels to the Harbinger (Issk)||12.9S 46.5E||--||6447|
|Tunnels to the Harbinger (Vincadi)||12.6S 46.7E||--||6446|
|Complete quest and speak with Issk or Vincadi|
|Experience:||350 million (1 point in skill) (??% up to level ??)|
|Give Reflective Shard to Ciandra|
|Experience:||7,500,000 (??% up to level ??)|
|Give Harbinger Arm Token to Emissary of Asheron|
|Titles:||Champion of Dereth|
- Issk tells you, "You seek to assist she who sings to the world? Well you should. She has risen from the ashes to call all to her side. She seeks to repair the hurt wreaked upon the land and close the wounds that hemorrhage still.
- Issk tells you, "Would you take up her banner and stride forth into the darkness wherein the true enemy lies? I think you weak.
- Issk tells you, "I think you know fear. I think you suffer and sufer you shall. She bids me give you this.
- Issk gives you Natural Order
- Issk tells you, "She bids you read it. She bids you understand. She bids you complete the task and return to me. She needs the proof of your resolve. She needs to see that you will not fail.
- Vincadi tells you, "Greetings Isparian, I welcome you to my current location. I wish to convey certain fragments of information to you. The information contained within these fragments offers our assistance in the removal of a grave danger to your ilk.
- Vincadi tells you, "We wish to aid you so that you are spared a most horrific death at the hands of a thing that, "should not be".
- Vincadi tells you, "Accept this small treatise and read the words of Aerbax to comprehend the stipulation of our proposal.
- Vincadi gives you Experimentation.
- Completing the Quest
- Vincadi tells you, "You have done well to earn your reward.
- Vincadi tells you, "Aerbax is pleased with your progress. You have served his research, and mine, very well. With continued effort we shall have the ability to collect the specimen and begin true research. For now, you should rest. I have become aware of an unstable anomaly within the construct of your physical form, and I am afraid that any further tampering with your make-up before this heals could be disastrous."
- Handing in Harbinger Arm Token
- You give Emissary of Asheron Harbinger Arm Token
- Emissary of Asheron tells you, "I award you the title Champion of Dereth. The stamp is a gift from the High Queen. We are indebted to you for your efforts, Champion.
- Emissary of Asheron gives you Royal Coat of Arms Stamp
- Handing in Reflective Shard
- You give Ciandra, Arcanum Alchemist Reflective Shard
- Ciandra takes the shard and examines its reflective surface with a satisfied look
- Ciandra, Arcanum Alchemist tells you, "I take it the Nullification Barrier held. I knew it would! The Harbinger should be severely weakened as long as the field holds. I would suggest attacking him soon if you haven't already.
- Ciandra, Arcanum Alchemist tells you, "Here's a small token of my gratitude. You've really come through for the Arcanum.
- You've earned 7,500,000 experience