Characters can only have one melee mastery and one ranged mastery at any one time. Melee masteries include: Axe, Dagger, Mace, Spear, Staff, Sword, Unarmed Combat and Two Handed Combat. Ranged masteries include: Bow, Crossbow, Magic, and Thrown Weapon.
Existing characters will get one free change to their melee weapon mastery and their ranged mastery.
Weapon types and masteries
Heavy, Finesse, Light and Missile weapons list a weapon type after the skill on the stats (ID) panel. For example the Amateur Explorer Dirk displays Heavy Weapons (Dagger) so receives a damage bonus when the wielder has the dagger weapon mastery.
Weapons that cannot be mastered
Some weapons do not list their type such as the Atlan Weapons and Isparian Weapons sets and thus cannot be mastered. Weapons that cannot be mastered have the following description: "This weapon seems tough to master.".
Note: Two handed weapons and magic casters do not display a weapon type.
Races, Heritages and their specific Masteries
Races start with the following masteries:
|Race||Melee mastery||Ranged mastery|
|Aun Tumeroks||Spears||Thrown Weapons|
Changing your Weapon Mastery
- After creation, you can change your Mastery at the Mastery Statues in Arwic at 33.5N, 56.8E.
- Players can receive one free Melee Mastery and one free Ranged Mastery change.
- If you wish to change Weapon Masteries a 2nd time the following is the cost of making the change:
Weapon Mastery Statues
- There is a timer in addition to the cost on changing a melee mastery:
- You have changed your melee mastery too recently
- Use the statue again if wish to change your mastery to Spears.
- Spears Mastery tells you, "You need 100,000 luminance available to have your mastery changed."